Thursday, September 6, 2012

Olympic medalist Marlen Esparza honored in Pasadena

  PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Olympic bronze medalist Marlen Esparza was honored yesterday in a celebration outside City Hall in Pasadena.

Esparza won a bronze medal in boxing in London. Yesterday, her hometown honored her with the keys to the city. Esparza choked up while speaking to the crowd and even apologized for her performance.

"I hope that everybody who watched me and followed me is proud. I did everything that I could do. I know it's not a gold medal. I know it's a bronze, but I tried really hard," she said.

Esparza does plan to try for a gold in the 2016 Rio Olympics, but right now she is focusing on school and starting a clothing line.

(Copyright ©2012 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.) Get more Sports »


pasadena, sports

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment